Monday, November 28, 2005

Revenue Protection Officer

Northern line service board

Arrived at Mill Hill East station, checked the service board, and there was no information posted, so had no idea if service was normal today.

A train arrived around 09:10AM, but did not depart till 09:20, no reason was given by the driver, he just announced train was for Kennington via Charring Cross, and that was it!

No sooner had the train moved off, than a lady announced 'Revenue protection, have your tickets ready please', I started the Dagenham shuffle, and managed to find my Oyster travel card in one of my pockets. A scan by the inspectors handheld machine produced the green light, and I was safe. Not so lucky for someone else down the carriage, her colleague came down the carriage, and he also was having words with someone else about tickets. By the time we got to Finchley Central, they got off, The Lady with her victim a man, and the male inspector with two female passengers. Apparently we still need tickets even if we are paying for a degraded service! You have been warned get a ticket before you board the northern line, or pay a £20 penalty or even be prosecuted.

The rest of the journey to work was un-eventful.

Tottenham Court Road
Nothing was written on the service board as I walked through the gates at St Pauls underground station on my way home, so was expecting a smooth ride home. The trained arrived about 5 minutes after I got to the platform, and I boarded, 2 stops later just as the train was about to leave the station the train operator announced 'once again this train will not be stopping at Tottenham Court Road, as the station is closed'. once again? This is the first time you are making the announcement, and its the first time I'm hearing it. Looks like the Central Line had made its first guest appearance on my blog. I stay on the train to Bond Street station where I hear that the closure was due to faulty station equipment?

I change to the Jubilee Line, get of at West Hampstead station where I catch the Thameslink to Mill Hill Broadway, what a smooth journey it turned out to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home